11.20.2012

From the Intern: Adorable Thanksgiving Cookies

The eyes came out funny in this test batch
Hello! I'm Leora and this is my first ever blog post.  I have been in a few previous posts, but I am SO excited to be an "intern" blogger
Recently, I decided to make a cute and festive dessert for my family's Thanksgiving meal.  These cookies were super easy and came out great.  I am really excited for everyone to enjoy them along with the usual Thanksgiving foods like mashed potatoes, turkey, pumpkin and apple pie, sugar cookies, and cornbread.
The idea and "recipe" (although there is no cooking involved) came from this blog I found
My mom and I made an executive decision not to make the pilgrim hats because we couldn't get the chocolate to neatly cover the marshmallow. 
Tips:
Cut a bit off of the bottom of the upright oreo so it will balance better
Freeze the peanut butter cups before cutting them to prevent them from cracking or breaking
I didn't notice a huge difference, but it was helpful to shave a tad of the back off the malt ball to balance it
I realized its prettier to make the eyes white instead of a neon yellowish
For the little red thingy (I don't know what they are called) put the bird down horizontally so it does not drip all over the place
EAT ALL THE YUMMY SCRAPS!!!
Enjoy the holidays and some time off from work, school, or just everyday stress
xoxo
Leora 

No comments:

Post a Comment